Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sniffy vs. Muffin

Sniffy


Training Sniffy and training Muffin was very different. When magazine training Sniffy I had a helpful bar graph that let me know when he was associating the sound of the magazine to receiving food and if when I was reinforcing him, if it was helpful or not.  It took Muffin 30 minutes for 5 days to fully shape her and I could never be sure if I was reinforcing her good enough, while Sniffy took only 30 minutes in one night for him to be completely shaped. Also Sniffy never got tired or satiated so he could be trained for hours or I could isolate him and speed up the time so it only took 1 or 2 minutes to get him to master a VR schedule. The positive side to using Sniffy was when I was magazine training him the program let me know when my reinforcement was actually reinforcing or if I was reacting to slow. I would recommend using Sniffy, but only for teaching magazine or shaping. The other schedules did not really help me learn anything. 
Sniffy's Cumulative Record for VR 5

Sniffy's helpful Operant Assoications Box



Muffin's Cumulative Record for FR 5

No comments:

Post a Comment